Thursday, March 8, 2012

Glamour Inspiration

This look is from the training that Sue Bryce provided in her Creative Live class last weekend, and I love it! She emphasizes the eyes with different levels of smokiness and natural face and lips to make sure the eyes are the focus. I didn't do my hair for this pic, as I was trying to just mimic the makeup tips she provided.
I did a very light application of makeup to my face, with a tiny smudge of blush on only the apples of my cheeks.
I used different shades of brown and white on my eye to give highlight just under my brow and in the inner corners, and to have the darkest point the outside corner and outside crease.
Sue said to make sure you have a thin black line on the top lash line to really make the eye pop. I have found through much reading in various places this also makes the white of the eyes appear whiter due to the contrast.
I had never done "water lining" but I did it here, and I think it looked nice, but it only lasted about 30 minutes and then it had worn into my eye, so I probably won't keep this as a normal daily technique.
I did not use any false lashes for this one, but Sue swears by them and wears them everywhere she goes, even to jog. I have worn them for special occasions and even have them on now, as I am going to try and incorporate them into my regimen. They make the shape of the eye pop more and I have very thin sparse short lashes. I love my eyes themselves as one of my best features, but my lashes never seem to frame well enough, I will let you know how the lashes work out.
That is basically it!

No comments:

Post a Comment